Dev Kinsta Super Slow

Hi DaanVn :wave:

Yes indeed, I can see it’s been a known issue for long time now (the page slowness on Windows home with Docker and WSL 2) that have been discussed for couple of times, and as also mentioned by krisroadruck above.

Our internal DevKinsta developers are also aware about this case, and they are going to deliver the solution in the next DevKinsta development (e.g.: to support a different method of file sharing based on WSL2, which is going to result in much faster page interactivity) - but again we don’t have a specific ETA for its release yet.

In the meantime, I think there are few options that you may want to give it a try when possible:

1. Modifying the .wslconfig settings (WSL2) to give more resources to Docker.
    Though I have no experiences with it either. You may want to check the other URL (option #1) suggested in the other thread/post here: Why my local site is so slow? - #8 by Kevin

2. Upgrade to Windows Pro license (and use Hyper-V).
    Note: I tried DevKinsta on my other spare computer (intel core i7 gen-3 with 16GB ram, Windows 10 Pro, with Docker & Hyper-V, didn’t enable WSL2 in its Docker general settings), and sites’ pages loaded fast there.

3. Or perhaps try to install Ubuntu on your computer (make it dual boot O/S along with your Windows).
    I don’t have Mac either and only use Linux (based on Ubuntu 18.04) for my daily work, and DevKinsta works just fine there (I’ve never experienced any slow page issue).

At this stage the 'Faster and more efficiently certainly ain’t true.

I’m sorry if you feel that way, but I don’t think that statement is relevant for DevKinsta specifically, and to clarify that DevKinsta is only a Free Local WordPress Development Suite that’s running locally on the users’ computers (not running on a Cloud Platform)!. :slight_smile:

Hopefully the alternative options above may help you to solve the site’s page slowness issue.
I also really hope that the real solution can be provided as soon as possible on the next DevKinsta development. :crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Agus