Password protection of directory

Hi!
I am trying to password protect a non-wordpress directory with htaccess and htpasswd. I am following the instructions on the Kinsta-blog:

But unfortunatley without effect. I have also disabled “CDN” and “Edge Caching” and cleared the cache.
Any suggestions? - Many thanks in advance!

Hi @josch! Welcome to the Kinsta community!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forum! Our platform uses the NGINX web server which does operate differently from Apache in that it doesn’t utilize .htaccess files to include additional configuration directives. NGINX does require that all configuration changes be made directly into the site’s configuration file.

This type of NGINX configuration adjustment does require that our Support team make the modification. Please do chat in with our Support team via MyKinsta or by sending an email to support@kinsta.com. Our team would be more than happy to help you with configuring password protection on this directory!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards

Hi @Andrew ! Many thanks for your friendly and swift reply as well as for the explanations! I have dropped an email to the support team! Best josch

Hi @josch,

You are most welcome!
Our support team will surely help you out.

If ever you have questions, feel free to reach out to us.
Have a happy weekend!

1 Like