Something Bad Happened: Creating New Site

Thank you for the information/details as well as that main.log file.

Since you’re using Windows 10 Home O/S, it’s always recommended to use WSL instead of Hyper-V as per our documentation here: Installing DevKinsta - Kinsta®.

I also checked the main.log file you sent, and noticed the following error in that file, when you tried to create that new local site “Proj_DKD_001” (but got “Something bad happened” on the second step - that was when DevKinsta trying to create a database for that site in question) :

[2023-08-14 01:45:37.771] [info] [containerExec] Command ‘mysql -u root -p****** -e “create database Proj_DKD_001;”’ on devkinsta_db finished with exit code 1

[2023-08-14 01:45:37.799] [error] [ipcMainStep] Error in operation SITE_CREATION, step database: Error: Error (1): UERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

The issue here seems to be related to that MySQL root password (access denied) issue on your local docker’s container.

Now I assume there’s no other sites data yet, as you just tried it for the first time and there’s no important data in it, right? If that so, then my suggestion would be as follow:

1. Exit and shutdown completely for both DevKinsta and Docker Dekstop

2. Then try to remove and clean-up DevKinsta completely (remove any folders/data related to it) as well as to remove all containers, images, network volumes, etc. in Docker Desktop.
    Also you will need to remove/delete anything inside these folders on your computer
    (e.g.: C:\Users\DGA\AppData\Roaming\DevKinsta , and C:\Users\DGA\DevKinsta ) .

3. Once they have been removed completely, please try to restart your computer, and after that you may want to re-install the Docker Desktop first, and followed by to re-install DevKinsta (it will re-download/setup new images/containers from scratch).

I suggested the same steps in the previous old thread which was confirmed to be working fine by the other user (they used Windows 11 Home).

Regards,
Agus