I just had a situation where I needed to download a backup from a specific date at client request, which really exposed an annoying limitation to the backups in the dashboard.
I think it would be best if we could download any backup that is taken, instead of having to manually make a downloadable backup of ‘now’.
I had to restore a backup of the date in question, to a staging, to then make a downloadable backup of the the staging. (Or I could’ve just used a plugin)
All of this could be avoided if we could just download the backup. Why can we not, if it has to do with packaging or parcel control of partial backups, at least let us ‘generate’ a downloadable version of a backup that already exist.
Thank you for your honest feedback. I have submitted your concern as a feature request. Please note that the daily, hourly, and manual backups available in MyKinsta are full snapshots of a site’s container, not simple archives of files and databases. Unfortunately, these snapshots are not available in a downloadable format, so they cannot be downloaded directly.
I understand the need to download these backups without having to go through the site restore process. While the feature request has been submitted, we cannot guarantee that it will be approved. However, we will make sure to update this forum if the direct download feature for backups becomes available.