I manage multiple client sites in DevKinsta and would love to see an integrated Changelog / Activity Log system built directly into the software. Currently, when fetching a site from Live to Local or pushing from Staging to Live, there is no historical record or commentary tracking what changes were made and why.
Key Capabilities Requested:
Deployment Commits & Comments
Before pushing changes (from Local to Staging, or Staging to Live), prompt the developer with a comment field (similar to a Git commit message).
Allow detailed notes about updates, plugin additions, or bug fixes being pushed.
Persistent Change History Across Environments
Whenever pulling a site from Live/Staging back to Local, preserve and sync the entire history of previous changes and developer comments.
Provide a clear timeline view in the DevKinsta dashboard showing the full activity history for that specific site.
Team & Client Clarity
Provide a built-in “Changelog” tab for each site in DevKinsta, allowing developers to quickly check past pushes, who made them, and what was changed before starting work.
Why this is essential:
For agencies and developers managing multiple client projects, keeping track of manual changes between Local, Staging, and Live environments without leaving DevKinsta would eliminate confusion, prevent overwritten work, and make site maintenance significantly smoother.
I have relayed your request to our development team for internal discussion. I have to say I really appreciate explaining this in detail and explanation in regards to why do you think it’s essential.
I can’t promise that they will start working on this, and if they do we can’t provide an ETA. Mykinsta has been in security & maintenance updates only mode for a while now, which is unlikely to change during this year.
But if there are any updates, on this, we’ll let you know.
Thank you for the quick and transparent reply! I really appreciate you passing the feedback along to the dev team.
Just to clarify and dig a bit deeper into why this might not be supported—is the maintenance-only focus primarily because DevKinsta feature usage has shifted toward developers using standard SSH, Git workflows, and CLI deployments instead?
Also, if this isn’t likely to land inside DevKinsta itself, would it be possible to consider adding a deployment comment / commit note functionality directly into MyKinsta when pushing from Staging to Live (or pulling Live to Staging)?
Having a simple note/comment field in MyKinsta during the environment push process would give us a reliable change history and tracking mechanism right on the Kinsta platform—completely independent of DevKinsta.
To answer the question in regards to DevKinsta being in security & maintenance mode - the activity log like the one you requested should be technically possible, however for the moment, feature requests and changes are currently being backlogged to be addressed in the future.
As for the alternative, I will check whether there’s an option to have pull/push actions logged in Mykinsta, if I understood you correctly?
Thank you for clarifying. I will open a separate request for this to see if this is something that’s possible. However, just to set expectations, these kind of suggestions (even if accepted) usually take a while so I have no ETA.
If there’s any development on either front, I’ll let you know