Deployments time out; log just ends

My small 11ty site starts to deploy, builds all the static pages, and then the deployment just hangs until it fails.

🛠️ Running build command: npx @11ty/eleventy --serve --incremental 
[11ty] Writing ./build/comics/dotl/index.html from ./src/comics/dotl.md (liquid)
[11ty] Writing ./build/comics/htbaw/index.html from ./src/comics/htbaw.md (liquid)
[11ty] Writing ./build/comics/lw/index.html from ./src/comics/lw.md (liquid)
[11ty] Writing ./build/about/index.html from ./src/about.md (liquid)
[11ty] Writing ./build/posts/index.html from ./src/posts.md (liquid)

That’s as far as it gets. It stalls for 20 minutes and then just dies. There’s no error message.

Hi @heatloss! Welcome to the Kinsta community!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with deploying your site. I understand experiencing an issue like this, especially when the log details aren’t detailed can be frustrating. We’re happy to help investigate into this and find out the root cause as to what’s going wrong, and help you get going on the right path towards a solution.

So that we can investigate into this matter further could you please send me a direct/private message with the domain name of your site? That will allow us to locate your site on our system and begin our investigation.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Best regards

I was able to get it working eventually. The problem ended up being that Kinsta’s recommended Build Settings specify _site as the Publish directory, but the starter project I was using used build as the publish directory. I’ve seen other Eleventy starter projects that use dist. Just something to keep in mind, I suppose.