Static site "Build and rollout failed" for no apparent reason

Hi,

I am working on a static site that I update on Kinsta via automatic deployment on Github commit. This has worked well since I started about a month ago, until the last few days. Now, I am consistently getting “Build and rollout failed”.

The trouble is that no reason is provided for the failure of build and rollout. My site is well under the storage size limit of 1 GB, but I did increase the number of static pages in the project in recent commits. The project has 34796 files at the moment. It works fine locally.

The Kinsta deployment messages look like this:

Cloning into ‘.’ …

Updating files: 100% (34796/34796), done.
HEAD is now at [git commit] [commit message]

I really hope anyone has some pointers as to how to fix this. Not sure if it is something I can fix or if this is an issue on Kinsta’s side.

Thanks in advance

Hi @bja_dev! Welcome to the Kinsta community!

I’m sorry to hear you are having difficulty with deploying your static site! I understand the impact this can cause, and the importance of resolving this issue as soon as possible!

I understand that your site is under the 1GB static site size limit, so this should not be causing the issue. I would like to review the logs to see what could be causing this issue to occur. If you could please send me a private/direct message with the domain name of your static site. This will allow us to locate your site on our backend and review the logs for more details.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Best regards

Hi @bja_dev!

Thanks for following up with me in the DM. We have reviewed your site configuration, and noticed it appears a build command was not set. Have you used a build command previously when deploying the site? If so, please do make sure that it is set under the “Settings” >> “Basic details” page of the static site’s MyKintsa page.

However, if you haven’t used a build command previously please let us know.

Please let us know if setting a build command if one was used previously resolves the issue. Or, if you haven’t had to set a build command previously.

We look forward to hearing from you!

I have not used a build command before. The site is just a collection of pre-generated html pages.

Hi @bja_dev!

I do apologize about our delay in reply. We are continuing to investigate internally into this issue and determine the root cause of the problem. I do see it appears that you were able to have one successful deployment recently. However, I see the latest deployment attempt also had an error.

We will provide another update as soon as possible once we have more details to share. In the. meantime, please don’t hesitate to reply if you have additional details you would like to share or have any questions.

Best regards