Devkinsta_adminer database Warnigns make GUI unreadable

Reporting that the temporary solution works for me on macOS. Repeating the steps again here.

Run this command to link adminerevo to devkinsta_db

docker run --network devkinsta_network --link devkinsta_db -p 15201:8080 ghcr.io/shyim/adminerevo:latest

Then go directly to the new adminer login http://localhost:15201/ and use your DevKinsta site’s db credentials to log in

System: MySQL
Server: devkinsta_db
User: root
Password: (You can find the password in Devkinsta >> Your Site >> Database section.)
Database: (You can leave this empty.)

My specs:
DevKinsta: Version 2.13.2 (2.13.2.8698)
Rancher Desktop: Version 1.13.1 (1.13.1) (works also with Docker Desktop)
MacBook Pro:

• Chip: Apple M2
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • MacOS: 14.5
2 Likes

Thanks @sharpspring for the steps on MacOS.
@Vladimir_Milosavljev this issue was reported 2 months ago. How does it take to switch a package in Devkinsta? I’m using Local for years and compared to DevKinsta, their development is much more dynamic. Solving the same issue in Local took just one dev-cycle (1 month). Looks like DevKinsta is more like a sales argument than a mature project :expressionless:

Hello @finalwebsites :wave: Welcome to Kinsta Community!

The DevKinsta development has been limited to Security Updates mostly for a while now, which means that changes are happening slower than they used to. I regret to say that we still don’t have an ETA and recommend using the workarounds posted by our staff and other members of our community.

Kind regards

surely its just a case of updating the docker image and fixing the button to use the new software? I have to keep searching for this solution to remind myself on what i need to put in the browser.

Great tool BTW - I love it for wordpress development

Hi @Robert_Craig.

Glad to hear you love DevKinsta, it’s definitely great for Wordpress Development.

At present, we are still awaiting an update. As my colleagues have mentioned, you can follow the workaround posted here in the community for now. We will inform everyone as soon as the fix has been implemented

Have a great day!

If anyone else is struggling with this, you can disable errors via the following.

• Open Docker UI
  • Click on “devkinsta_adminer” container to open the logs.
  • Navigate to the files section and goto “var → www → html”
  • Right Click on “adminer.php” and edit the file.
  • add “@ini_set(‘display_errors’, 0);” to the line under the php opening tags “<?php”.
  • save and refresh Adminer data manager in browser.

I found this worked for me and made Adminer easier to view.

Hi @jnicholls92 Welcome to the Kinsta community.

Thank you for sharing your workaround. I am sure everyone will find this very helpful.
Thanks again!

For anyone trying this solution, if "@ini_set(‘display_errors’, 0);” does not work and throws error, try setting it without ‘@’ - to the start of the file:

/var/www/html/adminer.php

ini_set(‘display_errors’, 0);

What is wrong? It used to work, and now it does not work. See below (the password is correct):

@laurentngu I could not replicate this issue from my side. Did you copy the Database password directly from Devkinsta >> Your Local site >> Database section?

If it is still not working, you could close both Devkinsta and Docker Desktop, reopen the apps, and try the Database password again shown in Devkinsta.

Let us know how it goes.

never mind, I indeed took the wrong password (I had taken it from mykinsta, insteaf of in Devkinsta)

thanks!

1 Like