Errors making DevKinsta unusable

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 10am uk

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.13.4

Q: OS Version
A: MacOS Monterey 12.7.4

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.33.0

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A:
Warning : Trying to access array offset on null in /var/www/html/adminer.php on line 1452

Fatal error : Uncaught ValueError: The arguments array must contain 2 items, 0 given in /var/www/html/adminer.php:175 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/adminer.php(175): vsprintf(‘Are ~~~~~~\xBC\xBC\xBC\xBC\xBC…’, Array) #1 /var/www/html/adminer.php(43): lang(0) #2 /var/www/html/adminer.php(1789): confirm() #3 /var/www/html/index.php(9): require_once(‘/var/www/html/a…’) #4 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/adminer.php on line 175

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A:

I have been experiencing issues as described here (Devkinsta_adminer database Warnigns make GUI unreadable) since April, but at least DevKinsta was still usable since then.

This morning I have come to run some updates and I am unable to work with databases at all due to error messages listed above.

I cannot import or export data (unless exporting via WP Migrate DB), the ui shows me no options at all. Screenshot attached.

The error was occuring before I updated anything - But have also updated Devkinsta from v2.13.2 to v2.13.4, and Docker Desktop from v4.28.0 to v4.33.0. Updating made no difference (I also shut down and restarted everything).

Not really sure what to do from here, but clearly I cannot work without a functioning local environment. Super frustrating. I guess while I wait for some support advice I should try DDEV? At least that would tell me if my issue is caused by DevKinsta or Docker? Will report back…

Hello @designlobby :wave:

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

If I understood you correctly, you were seeing errors in Adminer (which is expected, unfortunately) previously but DevKinsta was working and now after the update it became unusable?

If that’s the case, we’ve had a few more cases reported and are looking into it.

The currently available solution is to open Docker, and delete all containers, volumes and images related to DevKinsta. Upon relaunching DevKinsta the updated images will be pulled, the new containers created and the volumes will be recreated. DevKinsta should then be able to launch. This will however result in the loss of all local site’s databases. This means all post/page content, and site configuration of all local sites that exist under your DevKinsta installation will be permanently deleted.

Our development team is looking into additional options to see if there is a way to resolve the issue while preserving data.

One thing you can try however is to delete all containers and images related to DevKinsta within Docker, but preserve the volumes. Then, try relaunching DevKinsta to see if that helps allow it to load. The database information should be preserved as that is stored within the devkinsta_db_dat volume.

Please let me know if you tried the above and if it worked.

Kind regards

1 Like

@Vladimir_Tanovic

Hi Vlad, I tried your solution to:

delete all containers and images related to DevKinsta within Docker, but preserve the volumes

and it worked! There is still the error:

Warning : Trying to access array offset on null in /var/www/html/adminer.php on line 1452

but as you say, this is to be expected. Thank you very much for your help in resolving this, it’s very much appreciated!

Gareth

1 Like

Hi @designlobby! Thank you for your reply!

I am glad to see that Vladimir’s advice was able to help resolve the issue for you!

If you do have any questions in the future please don’t hesitate to open a new thread on the forum!

Best regards

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.