Installation of DevKinsta

This is a nightmare!

And I appreciate everyone who has contributed their struggles and have had an easier time than I have trying to get this to work so I can better help my clients.

I am pretty good at installing apps. But this has been one of the most time-consuming error prone, and frankly exhausting installations in my lifetime.

I went through every thread in here and tried everything. I actually have no idea or at what point I got past the “APP blocked” message.

Finally, after getting it to begin the installation, I realized I had to install Docker. Oh, but guess what? It errors out because I have to install a previous version of Docker.

I am on my fourth try (because it was too frustrating). I am not a quitter and am dying to get this installed. I have spent over 5+ hours trying, researching, uninstalling, installing, changing settings, and trying to get Docker installed.

I am broken!

Like right now, I am getting clients signed up for hosting, and I am totally thinking of WPEngine! Both are great platforms, and I love Kinsta, but this kills me.

WPLocal kicks your ass.

Can someone get a comprehensive install guide that includes all the issues that people found in the community? Or better yet, make the installation hassle-free!

Can you supply the proper links to the required version of Docker (which, by the way, is absolutely frowned upon because of security issues)?

OK I am Done Ranting!

I’m doing my 5th restart to see if I can get this installed finally.

Update…
Finally, I’ve had success. Now, I have to go back and enable all my Windows User Permissions and Security Sessions and edit my registry to the previous.

Holy moly, what a journey.

I hope it still works after I re-enable everything.

Hi @DiggetyDog :wave:

I’m sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that just to get DevKinsta working. Unfortunately, development for DevKinsta is currently on pause. This means that while our developer team is working to keep DevKinsta SOC-2 compliant and will continue to resolve any critical security bugs, further app improvements are on hold until further notice.

Nevertheless, we and the Kinsta community will be happy to help with any specific issues that might come up while you’re working with DevKinsta. :slightly_smiling_face: