Kinsta install on linux

Hello, I have a server running ubuntu 22.04. I am trying to install kinsta but am receiving errors as follows: Setting up dev-kinsta (2.13.2-8696) …
/var/lib/dpkg/info/dev-kinsta.postinst: line 10: update-desktop-database: command not found
Does kinsta work on ubuntu 22? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Hi @cmn10 Welcome to the Kinsta Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues installing DevKinsta.
DevKinsta works on Ubuntu 22.04. See screenshot below with one of my colleague’s computer running Ubuntu 22.04.

You need to install update-desktop-database package to resolve this. It is handled by Ubuntu’s Desktop File Utility . You can find more details on the link below:

Please try it and let me know if it works for you.

Have a great day!

Thanks. I tried the install again and see this.

dpkg -i DevKinsta.deb

(Reading database … 90764 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack DevKinsta.deb …
Unpacking dev-kinsta (2.13.2-8696) over (2.13.2-8696) …
Setting up dev-kinsta (2.13.2-8696) …
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) …
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1ubuntu3) …
root@devkinsta:/home#

What do I do now? Do I need to install the desktop gui? Sorry, I’m used to all command line with no gui.

Hi @cmn10, just to clarify, are you currently using Linux as command line only?

Yes, I am currently using command line only.

Hello @cmn10 :wave:

I’ve never tried to install DevKinsta on Ubuntu with Command line only (without GUI/Desktop), but I believe that DevKinsta would require Desktop/GUI mode enabled/installed on your Ubuntu Linux.

Based on those 2 lines you provided (when you tried to install it via command line), I noticed those

Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) …
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1ubuntu3) …

as I could check on my computer via command line (Ubuntu Linux 22.04 with GUI/Desktop) those returned with the following information:

so based on those, I’m pretty sure that DevKinsta would require Desktop/GUI environment to run it properly (and can’t be installed on the command line environment only) :pray:

When DevKinsta is launched, it would show the software running in GUI too , like these for examples :

and so yeah, if you don’t have Desktop/GUI environment enabled/installed on your Linux, then you would need to install it and you should be able to install DevKinsta just fine there (just like mine, installed on Linux Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS) :+1:

Best regards,
Agus Utomo