This page isn’t working HTTP ERROR 500

Try to pull a live site and getting an the message
“This page isn’t working. … is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500”

Did search and tried deactivating Wordfence but that didn’t solve it.

Hello @Nadine :wave:,

Welcome to the Kinsta Community!

Just to clarify, if I understand correctly, you were able to successfully pull the site to Devkinsta. However, when you tried to load the local site, it resulted in an “HTTP ERROR 500.” Is that correct? If so, I recommend enabling the WordPress Debug to help us identify a specific error that could assist us in resolving the issue.

I hope this information is helpful.

Let us know how it goes!

Yes. I tried to turn on the logs, but the site won’t load at all so no log is being created. Am i doing something wrong there?

@Nadine

If you haven’t already, I recommend that you fully close or quit both the DevKinsta and Docker apps. Then, relaunch DevKinsta and try the pull action again. If the issue persists, please send us a copy of your main.log file. To find it, click on the question mark icon located at the bottom-left corner of DevKinsta. Next, select “Reveal log file in File Manager”. If you’re unable to access the DevKinsta dashboard, you can directly go to the specific log directory depending on your machine to copy the log file. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this here: Troubleshooting - Error Codes - Kinsta® Docs. Our team will investigate the problem and help you find a solution.

Also, kindly provide us with the following details:
- Your machine’s OS version
- DevKinsta version
- Docker Desktop version

We are looking forward to hear back from you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wasn’t able to do this as we needed to push the Staging site live. I have a backup of it to install locally so will try again hopefully today.

1 Like