DevKinsta runs fine for about half an hour, then hangs

I’m sure this will be a fundamental issue with how I’m running Docker or something, since I have no prior experience of docker, but everything runs perfectly for between 20-45 minutes after I start DevKinsta, then the website will just freeze. No amount of patience will see it come back.

I’ve tried:

• leaving my laptop for 10 minutes, then returning
  • stopping and restarting the site in DevKinsta
  • Closing and reopening DevKinsta
  • restarting all containers in Docker using docker restart $(docker ps -q)

The only way I’ve found to fix the issue so far is to restart my entire machine.

It feels like I’m maybe just running out of memory, but I would have thought restarting Docker would fix that issue. (it’s a reasonably mid-tier laptop that never runs out of memory for anything else)

Is this a known issue with a solution? If not, I’d appreciate suggestions for possibly troubleshooting/resolving the issue

Thanks in advance

HI @fraserYT. Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with DevKinsta. I haven’t encountered such issue personally and I am keen to work with you to get this resolved.

Can you please provide the following?

DevKinsta Version
OS Version
Docker Desktop Version

Can you also send us a copy of your main.log file so that we can check it further and and find anything useful? You can use the link below for instructions on how to get the main log, Troubleshooting - Error Codes - Kinsta® Docs

Docker can be resource-intensive, especially when running multiple containers. You can try adjusting Docker’s resource limits.

• Open Docker settings/preferences.
  • Go to the “Resources” tab.
  • Increase the amount of memory and CPU available to Docker. Then restart Docker.

Have you also tried reinstalling Docker?

Looking forward to your response.

Hi Merineth.
I’m running:

• DevKinsta 2.13.2
  • Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS
  • Docker cli 24.0.5

I’m not actually using Docker Desktop. Just Docker Engine accessed through the CLI. Does that make a difference?

Given that the local site is a clone of our business site, I’m not too sure about uploading the error logs to a public forum, but if I can send this directly to you, or if I can provide anything else helpful, please let me know.

Thank you for your reply, @fraserYT!

Using Docker Engine for DevKinsta installations on Linux is fine and shouldn’t be causing an issue.

A copy of the main.log file would be helpful in our investigation! If you could please private/direct message me the file that is appreciated. You may find the file in the ~/.config/DevKinsta/logs directory.

We look forward to hearing from you!