Dk0038 - Could not set WordPress config

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: Mar 13 - 10:18am EST

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.13.1

Q: OS Version
A: Sonoma 14.4

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.27.2

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: Dk0038

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: Trying to import a site through DevKinsta, it gets stuck here with a DK0038 error. See screenshot below.
I was able to successfully import some of my other sites, two of my sites are giving me this error.

Hi @rejdr !

Could you kindly send me a copy of your main.log file through direct message? You can find it by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left corner of DevKinsta, and then selecting “Reveal log file in File Manager”. We would like to take a look at it and help identify the problem.

Thank you and regards.

@rejdr

I have reviewed the main.log file and noticed an error that says:

2024-03-13 10:22:15.233] [error] Error - DK0038: SET_WP_CONFIG: Error (1): u[31;1mError:[0m Could not process the 'wp-config.php' transformation.Reason: Unable to locate placement anchor.

This error usually means that DevKinsta is unable to locate the wp-config.php file in the default root directory (/public). After checking your website, I found that it is not configured as a standard WordPress installation due to its custom file structure, likely Bedrock.

I suggest you try the workaround provided in this thread to push through the import: Import WordPress/Bedrock host on Kinsta to DevKinsta

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

@rejdr

I hope the following information helps clear your questions in our DM. :slightly_smiling_face:

1. When pulling a site (live or staging) to Devkinsta, it doesn’t have any effect on the source Kinsta site.

2. I haven’t had a chance to set up a Bedrock site for testing yet. However, theoretically, if you create a copy of your wp-config.php file to the /public directory and add the appropriate database connection strings inside the config file, you should be able to perform a Pull to DevKinsta. If the pull is successful, then the Push to Kinsta should also work. Nevertheless, I recommend that you first back up your Staging/Live site (whichever is the destination site for the Push to Kinsta) before proceeding.

• Also please note that you will also need to manually update the document root path in the Nginx editor from www/kinsta/public/yoursite to www/kinsta/public/yoursite/web in DevKinsta.
  1. When pushing to Kinsta, DevKinsta will give you the option to push only files, database, or both.

Best,