DK0066: IMPORT_DB_DUMP: Error (1): (ERROR at line 1: Unknown command '\-'

My team and I are experiencing this exact thing as well. Is there an update on when a fix will be in place?

Hi, I have this same error, and cannot work with this. This is preventing me from fixing a serious website bug in production. How can I fix it?

Here is info from my main.log:

[2024-07-17 00:00:04.448] [info]  [containerExec] Command 'chown -R www-data:www-data /www/kinsta/public/[my_website_name_anonymized]' on devkinsta_fpm finished with exit code 0
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.465] [info]  [importBackupToDb] Import db
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.465] [info]  [dockerUtil/getContainer] Get 'devkinsta_fpm' Docker container
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.681] [info]  [ProgressIndicator] { isFailed: false, isOpen: true }
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.714] [info]  [containerExec] Command 'mysql -h devkinsta_db -u root -p****** [my_website_name_anonymized] < "/www/kinsta/public/[my_website_name_anonymized]/backup.sql"' on devkinsta_fpm finished with exit code 1
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.718] [error] Error - DK0066: IMPORT_DB_DUMP: Error (1): >ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database '[my_website_name_anonymized]'
    at /Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:2:757027
    at tryCatch (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1829201)
    at Generator.<anonymous> (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1830850)
    at Generator.next (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1829750)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1821046)
    at _next (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1821345)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.747] [error] [ipcMainStep] Error in operation SITE_PULL, step importDb: Error - DK0066: IMPORT_DB_DUMP: Error (1): >ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database '[my_website_name_anonymized]'
    at /Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:2:757027
    at tryCatch (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1829201)
    at Generator.<anonymous> (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1830850)
    at Generator.next (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1829750)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1821046)
    at _next (/Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:1821345)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.796] [info]  [ProgressIndicator] { isFailed: false, isOpen: true }
[2024-07-17 00:00:04.838] [info]  [ProgressIndicator] { isFailed: true, isOpen: true }```

Hello @meganyokoco, we don’t have a specific ETA at this time, but our developers team is actively working on it.
When the new DevKinsta version is released, we’ll update the releases thread as usual so be sure to keep an eye on it or enable the tracking notification for that thread :+1:

Regards,
Alessandro

Hello @grnatog the issue shown in your log is different than the one we are discussing on this thread. Can you please start a new thread so we can look into it? I feel like inside the backup.sql there might be the name of a different database but we can look into it together when you have opened the thread.

Regards,
Alessandro

I am running into the same bug.

I just purchased a Kinsta plan for my company’s 3 sites and one of the primary drivers in the decision was DevKinsta. Now I am beginning to rethink our hosting decision. This is very annoying.

1 Like

Hi @Andy_Fish! Welcome to the Kinsta community!

I’m very sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this bug as well. I can certainly understand the frustration an issue like this can cause, and we certainly want to ensure an effective solution is released as soon as possible.

Our development team is continuing to research into this issue, and we do hope to have a new release of DevKinsta that includes a fix as soon as possible.

Have you had a chance to review this temporary workaround to see if it will work for you?

Please let us know if this workaround works for you, or if you have any questions! We’re standing by and happy to help!

Best regards

I have a solution that actually works but you need to be very quick. Step 4 is where the magic happens.

1. Add the site as normal in DevKinsta and wait for it throw the error DK0066.
  2. Open the backup.sql file in a fast text editor like Sublime. Some IDE’s might be a bit too slow.
  3. Delete the first line /*!999999- enable the sandbox mode */ and Save.
  4. NOW is the tricky bit, which nobody seems to have mentioned. Read all of this step first before starting. You need to click ‘Retry’ in DevKinsta which will cause DevKinsta to re-download the backup.sql file and this will therefore re-create the first error line which you deleted in step 3. Your job is to delete the line again in Sublime Text AND Save the file BEFORE the ‘Downloading Remote Site’ step finishes in Dev Kinsta. To reiterate - you must delete and save the line very quickly, typically within a couple of seconds of clicking “Retry”; but this depends on the file size of your remote site. This is why I suggested using a quick editor like Sublime so no time is spent re-indexing your IDE and losing the precious few seconds you have. If you need more time. Add a giant file to remote site, or throttle your internet if you need more time.

I’ve tested this on an M1 Mac and an M2 Mac Running Sonoma MacOX 14.3.1 and the latest Sonoma.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Allan_Crabtree ! :wave: and welcome to our community!

Thank you for providing this workaround - it’s greatly appreciated and hopefully that would help others too :pray: .

Best regards,
Agus Utomo

I wish Kinsta offered an integration with LocalWP, which is more stable, provides much better support, and is easier to use. It has already been two months, and there is still no update. Although we like your hosting service, the developer experience is horrible.

2 Likes

The workaround is no longer working for me. This is incredibly frustrating

Is there a fix for this coming? I have the same issue

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your replies. I do want to provide an update regarding this issue. Our development team has been working on a solution and we are hoping to release a fix soon. Please do keep an eye on the forum for an announcement about the update that will be released for DevKinsta.

If anyone does have any questions please don’t hesitate to reply!

1 Like

+1, and I would like to add that a lot of developpers are probably coming from other similar hosting platforms like Flywheel or WP Engine which also uses WP Local, so it’s an added incentive as there’s no need to change our current workflow.

Has there been an update to this issue? I have been waiting for a month to use DevKinsta and still no update available?

Hi @Arash_Ghaderi! Welcome to the Kinsta community! Thank you for your reply!

I am sorry to hear that this issue has been preventing you from using DevKinsta for this amount of time. I certainly understand that is frustrating, and I assure you we understand and our developers are working on a solution as quickly as possible.

Our development team is finalizing a solution to this issue. We are aiming to have an update that fixes this issue released in the next two weeks, possibly sooner. Please do keep an eye on the forum for the announcement when the update is released.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to reply!

Best regards

Has this issue been resolved in the latest update to devkinsta?

Hi @Arash_Ghaderi! Thank you for your reply!

Yes, the latest version of DevKinsta should resolve this issue. However, please note that if you have installed or updated to DevKinsta version 2.13.3 previously, please do not update to 2.13.4 at this time. We are aware of an issue that will prevent users from restarting DevKinsta once the update has been applied. This only applies if you have version 2.13.3 installed and are updating from this version.

Our team is investigating into solutions for this matter. We appreciate your patience while our team works on a fix.

Please don’t hesitate to reply if you have any questions!

We are still running into this issue using v2.13.4 on some sites.

I am still running into the same issue. And the previous workaround, removing the first line of the backup.sql file is not working any more. It is replaced as soon as I try to hit “retry” in devKinsta on step 4.

@KIJO_Agency @Andy_Fish

If you’re getting this specific error - DK0066 on DevkInsta v2.13.4, you may try to delete all containers and images related to DevKinsta within Docker Desktop, but preserve the Volumes. Then, try relaunching DevKinsta to see if that resolves the specific DevKinsta Pull action error. The database information should be preserved as that is stored within the devkinsta_db_data volume.