DNS Verification Pending

I’m trying to point a subdomain at a static site. I added the A record and waited a couple days, but it still says “Verification Pending.”

I tried deleting and adding the domain again.

Using the DNS propagation checker, it shows the IP I added has been fully propagated.

Hi @bulthuis! Welcome to the Kinsta community! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty with verifying your subdomain. I understand the importance of resolving this issue as soon as possible so you can take your static site live!

I would like to check in our backend to see why the verification of the subdomain appears to be stuck pending. If you could please direct message me the subdomain that will allow me to locate your site in our system.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards

Appreciate the help. Will do!

Hi @bulthuis!

Thanks for sending the subdomain via direct message. We have reviewed the verification status of your domain, and do see it appears that MyKinsta is in the process of verifying the A record. It looks like the A record for the subdomain may still be propagating. It may take up to 48 hours in some cases for propagation to fully complete. Please do allow about an additional 24 hours to see if that allows propagation to complete, and for MyKinsta to verify the record.

There is also an additional TXT record that needs to be created to complete the verification process. I have followed up in a message to the email address we have on file with you that contains this TXT record information. Please do create this additional TXT record and allow up to 24-48 hours for propagation to complete.

Once all records have completely propagated MyKinsta should be able to verify your domain successfully. However, if you do continue to experience any difficulty after that time please don’t hesitate to reply so we can take a further look.

Best regards

Few days later and verification is still pending. Have I setup the records incorrectly?

Hi @bulthuis

I’ve reviewed this thread and it seems that the verification didn’t complete for some reason.
I have sent you an email with the new TXT records to complete the verification process.

Can you please set it up?
Looking forward to your response.

I have set the records you sent. Let me know if I need to make any other adjustments.

@bulthuis Thank you for the quick revert. I am looking into this now.
I will keep you posted.

Hi @bulthuis,

I sent you another email with some updates.
Hopefully, this will finally resolve the verification issue.

Thank you.

Hi @bulthuis.

I just want to give you an update that the verification of your domain is now complete.
Thank you for adding the required DNS changes to resolve the issue on the backend.

You should be able to access your subdomain accordingly.

Please give is 24-48 hours for the domain status to update in your MyKinsta page.
Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you for your help resolving this issue.

Was this issue specific to the situation where I was migrating away from Tumblr? My understanding from the documentation is that I was supposed to add the A record before removing the old CNAME record.

Hi @bulthuis!

Thank you for your reply. It does appear that this did end up being a unique case due to the CNAME record your subdomain was pointing to at Tumblr. What turned out to be happening was that the Tumblr domain your subdomain’s CNAME was pointing to did not have the correct CAA record to allow Cloudflare to be able to issue a certificate for your domain. This appears to have held up the verification process until the DNS changes you were advised of were made.

I hope this answers your question. And I also hope all is smooth sailing from here, and that you enjoy our Static Site hosting service! However, if you do have any further questions or need anything further clarified please don’t hesitate to reply!

Best regards

Appreciate the explanation! Been loving the static site hosting so far. Aside from this hangup connecting deployment was smooth and it works great.

I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying the static site hosting and that your deployment process was smooth overall. If you encounter any more issues or have questions, feel free to reach out. We’re here to help!