Docker database keep restaring after updating DevKinsta to newest verstion

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: Aug 30 18:10 GMT+8

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.13.4

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 11

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.28.0

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A:

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: After updating Devkinsta to new version, my local sites all shows database error and the devkinsta_db is not running in Docker. It keeps showing “restarting” even I tried to click the run button many times

Is there something can fix this please? Thanks!

1 Like

I tried to restart my computer and reinstall DevKinsta, no effect…

Hi @mbird1981 , I’m sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your DevKinsta WordPress sites.

Can you please stop all DevKinsta containers in Docker.
Then try removing initially the ib_logfile0 in devkinsta_db_data volume.

After removing the file, can you launch **DK v2.13.4** and confirm that the existing local sites still work?

We made some tests, and that should fix the issue, but please let us know. :blush:

Best regards,
Jovana, Kinsta Team

The same for me.

I can’t delete the file unfortunately. I am attaching the video about it:

CleanShot 2024-08-31 at 15.44.29

Hi @takacs_tamas :wave:

Welcome to our Kinsta Community!

Kindly try to stop all Containers first as shown in the screenshot:

Then go to Volumes >> devkinsta_db_data volume and delete the ib_logfile0 file and Relaunch Devkinsta after.

If you’re still unable to delete the ib_logfile0 file, you can also force stop the devkinsta_db container via the command line using local terminal with this command: docker kill devkinsta_db and try to delete the ib_logfile0 file again after.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi @Adrian_L !

Great, thanks!

Unfortunately, I couldn’t revive any of my existing pages that were offline, but I can at least create a new one and it works.

Fortunately, there was nothing important among the existing pages, so I deleted them.

Thank you!

1 Like