Doesn't build site on install or connect to existing dbs

Created a new site in dev kinsta, immedately greeted with 403 forbidden nginx error. Go to look at the files in public and it’s an empty directory. No WP installed, no nothing. blank folder.

I have other Kinsta live sites. I pulled one from Kinsta – site doesn’t load. 403 forbidden error. I read some other help articles on this subject and I adjusted the config and can then see a test.php file i uploaded to the WP root, but the main page won’t connect to the database. The DevKinsta UI says 127.0.0.1 and port 15100, then I click database manager and it says port 15200. Why is it a completely different port???

Regardless, any combination of using localhost, localhost:15100, localhost:15200, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1:15100, and 127.0.0.1:15200 cannot access my database using the root user/password combination supplied in the DevKinsta UI.

I can sign in with the root user/password via CLI to the docker instance but not with DevKinsta.

All in all, I spent 4 hours today trying to do two basic things:

1. do local dev for an existing kinsta site
  2. create a new wp installation locally

Both of which devkinsta failed miserably at doing. And this is supposed to be a time-saving platform???

Hi @ktowndown :wave:
Welcome to the Kinsta Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing issues creating and pulling sites using our local deployment tool, DevKinsta. If you have not made any successful active site within DevKinsta yet, it may be easier to fully uninstall both DevKinsta and Docker Desktop and then reinstall DevKinsta to start fresh. Additionally, please ensure that you are running the latest version of DevKinsta, which you can download from this URL: DevKinsta – Your Free Local WordPress Development Suite.

Otherwise, please provide us with the following information so that we can further investigate the issue:

- Machine OS version
- DevKinsta version
- Docker Desktop version
- DevKinsta Main log file (You can find the main.log file by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left corner of DevKinsta and then selecting “Reveal log file in File Manager.” Alternatively, you can go directly to the specific log directory depending on your machine, as shown in our help article here: Troubleshooting - Error Codes - Kinsta® Docs. )

We want to take a look at it and hopefully identify the problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,