Downloading existing WordPress Site not working on Mac

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: About a week ago

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.12.1 (2.12.1.8460) and one before

Q: OS Version
A: MacOS Ventura 13.3.1

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.25.2 (129061)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No error code or message was displayed

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A: Can’t import from Kinsta
WordPress: 6.4.2
PHP: 8.2
Site type: Live and not multi site

I was able to import the old WordPress or PHP site, although it failed several times.

• Even if the import is successful, a DB connection error may occur.

Lang: Japanese
Google Translate:
Configuring NGINX
→ There was a problem

Hi @Ituki_Yanagimachi and welcome to the Kinsta Community! :wave:

Based on the screenshot provided, it appears that the MySQL dump process is failing. To obtain more information about why the process is failing, you can check the main.log file for Devkinta for any error related to MySQL.

For MAC users, the main.log file is located at:
/Users/<yourusername>/Library/Logs/DevKinsta

Another option you can try is running the command “wp db import backup.sql” from your ~/public directory to see if it generates any errors. This is basically the same command that DevKinsta is using for the database import.

I hope that the above information helps.

Thank you @Adrian_L

My main.log is

(redacted )

(redacted )
(redacted )

(redacted )
(redacted )

Hi @Ituki_Yanagimachi,

Thank you for your response. It seems there is a space issue on your device based on the logs.

> [2024-01-24 14:14:44.197] [info] [containerExec] Command 'mysql -u root -p***** -e “create (redacted );”’ on devkinsta_db finished with exit code 1*
> [2024-01-24 14:14:44.197] [error] [ipcMainStep] Error in operation SITE_CREATION, step database: Error: Error (1): tERROR 1006 (HY000) at line 1: Can’t create database ’ (redacted )’ (errno: 28 "No space left on device")

To resolve this, can you please try to increase the disk image size by navigating to Preferences >> Resources tab, then change the Disk Image Size to a higher value?

Once done, please restart Docker and then restart DevKinsta.
Please let us know how it goes. If you can also provide a screenshot, that will also help.

Looking forward to your response.

1 Like

Thank you very much @merineth and @Adrian_L !
I was able to successfully import the site from Kinsta.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.