Favicon within Kinsta dashboard not registering in bookmarks

When visiting my.kinsta.com, the favicon is loaded later on during the page’s lifecycle. As a result, when bookmarked, the favicon does not show within the bookmark.

Is there any way this might be updated so bookmarks can also include the favicon? This makes it nicer for nerds like me that like to just have the icons on their bookmark bar.

Hello @marco :wave: Welcome to Kinsta Community!

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. I’m sorry you’re experiencing trouble with the Kinsta favicon. However, I was unable to replicate the problem on my Windows machine. I tested the new Kinsta favicon when bookmarked on Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, and Brave browsers, and it appears to be working fine.

To better assist you, could you please provide us with some additional details on how we can best replicate the issue? Specifically, we would appreciate if you could let us know your machine’s operating system and browser version.

We look forward to your response!

Regards.
Adrian L.

Hey @Adrian_L,

This seems to specifically happen on the latest version of Firefox (121.0) on a Macbook. I just tried it in Chrome and it seems to actually register the favicon but within Firefox it doesn’t seem to work. This is when I’m logged into my.kinsta.com.

Here’s a screencap of the page being reloaded with the favicon load being delayed, bookmarked, and then the favicon not showing up within the bookmarks toolbar: https://marcopelloni.com/ext/kinsta-favicon.mov

Hi there, @marco ! :wave:

Thanks for confirming those details. Regretfully, I was able to replicate this issue on my end as well in both vanilla FF as well as the developer edition of the browser.

I did some testing and noticed that when creating a bookmark for MyKinsta, it does not capture a value for the ICON or ICON_URI vars which is most likely the issue here.

I’ve brought this to the attention of our MyKinsta Developers so hopefully, they will be able to shed some light on this and offer a solution if at all possible.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We’ll keep this thread updated as new information becomes available.

Best,

Thanks @Jake, appreciate it and let me know if I can assist in any way when an update is released.