First install: something bad happened

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 2022-08-28 15:04 GMT+1

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.7.0

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 11 Home 21H2 build 22000.856

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.11.1 (84025)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: Something bad happened

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A:

It looks like “something bad happened” is thrown at the “update hosts file” step. Pressing “Retry” doesn’t fix it. Cannot tell DevKinsta to skip the step. Can’t tell it to cancel either, because the first thing it does then is “something bad happened”, so I end up with an unusable setup.

That’s pretty bad for a fresh install, out-of-the-box experience.

I see that DevKinsta is an Electron app. Unfortunately, I don’t know where the logs go for such apps. It may be that a Node module needs to be updated though, after a quick browse over services/hosts: electron-hostile, probably.

When things fail, please let me know if there’s a manual alternative, instead of getting stuck, and let me skip the steps in the app once I’ve applied the workaround.

Hi @Uplink, thanks for reaching out. I’ve seen hosts file update fail due to permissions issues but sometimes due to the content of the hosts file itself. Directions for finding the error logs are here: DevKinsta Error Codes - Kinsta®
On Windows it will be in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DevKinsta\logs

Please let me know if you need help with the error by private messaging your main.log to me.
Thank you