How To Build a Static Site With SvelteKit

Great tutorial but i seem to have a problem uploading the static site to Kinsta.

I have followed the steps and deployed the static site and it shows as deployed with no errors but when i try to view it, it’s just a 404.

What is the best way i can go about troubleshooting the problem?

Hi @Plenty_Fish! Welcome to the Kinsta community!

I’m glad to hear that you appreciated our tutorial! However, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a 404 error after deploying the static site. We are more than happy to help!

There are several possible reasons why a 404 error could occur after a static site is created. A couple of possibilities could be a misconfiguration with the build command, or publish directory. I would recommend reviewing these areas to confirm they are configured as described in the tutorial.

We also do have a help article that goes into more details about how to troubleshoot a 404 error on our static site hosting platform. You may find a link to this article below:

If after following the steps in the help article you continue to have a 404 error occur, please send me a direct message containing the domain name of your static site. I would be happy to take a look and see what else might be causing this issue to occur, and what the solution would be.

Please let us know if this has helped resolve the issue, or if you have any further questions!

Best regards