đź’… Make the Kinsta Cache WP Plugin icon white

Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 10.57.22 am

This looks :poop: - could you please change this to a plain “boring” but usable white icon?

Howdy @mountainash :wave:,

I see this is your first time posting. Welcome to the community friend.

Thank you kindly for the screenshot.

With Kinsta MU plugin version 3.1.1, this is what the icon looks like on one of my test sites …

May you share which version of the Kinsta MU plugin you’re using on the site where you’re seeing this icon?

Things I learned today… this plugin was installed (highly likely) by Kinsta staff when my site was transferred!?! Next thing I learned was this this isn’t a normal plugin installed from a the built-in, easy to update, WordPress Plugins service - it’s some manual install and updated manually plugin!?! Why?

To answer you’re question - I found out (only from looking in the source code [would be nice if the version was in the UI]) that I have v2.4.8 installed. I will manually update it now.

Why doesn’t Kinsta just release this plugin into the WordPress Plugin Directory?

From the docs:

If you do not maintain a copy of the Kinsta MU plugin in your Git repo, we’ll automatically update the Kinsta MU plugin for you; there’s nothing more you’ll need to do.

I guess this isn’t true; as the plugin is outdated - and my site doesn’t maintain a copy of the Kinsta MU Plugin.

Hi @mountainash ! :wave:

I’m sorry to hear you had trouble there - the automatic updates for the Kinsta MU plugin weren’t added until after the 2.4.8 version of the plugin, which would explain why you’re having issues.

If you contact support we can assist with updating it; or if you update it manually to the most recent version, it will update automatically from now on.