Ports reset when DevKinsta is closed

Everytime when DevKinsta is closed (like after the computer was turned off) I need to change the ports to “62090” and “62091”.

See attached image of the ports which are resetted everytime I open DevKinsta.

Is it possible to change to ports to “62090” and “62091” permanently?

Hi Angelo,

Hope everything is well. Thank you for providing the screenshot.

Regarding your question, Yes, it is possible to set the ports 62090 and 62091 permanently. You just need to specify it under the “Port Selection” section.

I tried to replicate this issue on my end but can’t seem to get the same issue. I have asked some of my colleagues too but still the same. I wonder what could be the reason for this and I am happy to work with you to get it resolved.

Can you please set the custom ports again, save it and close DevKinsta completely (not just minimized in the taskbar). Then open DevKinsta and see if the behavior still occurs.

Please make sure that the “Auto detect open port” under the Port Selector section is unticked so that it won’t automatically assign new ports.

Also, can you please provide the following?

Machine OS
DevKinsta Version
Dock Desktop Version

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Merineth

Hi Merineth,

Unfortunately that doesn’t help. Everytime when the iMac is turned off and when I turn it on this happens. I also noticed that I see the message “Ports are in use”. “The default ports are confirmed by other processes. DevKinsta has started the Nginx container with random ports.”

Updating docker fixed the issue. Thank you!

Also, after I turn on my computer and start DevKinsta. It is stuck loading. It will continue loading after I put this in the terminal “% sudo ln -s “$HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock” /var/run/docker.sock”.

Can you help me with this?

MacOs: Sanoma 14.2 (23C64)
DevKinsta 2.11.0
Dock: 4.22.0

Hey @whadaday :wave:

If you’re experiencing an issue with Devkinsta initialization, I suggest checking out the main.log file. It may contain an error message that’s causing the problem.

On Mac OS, you can find the main.log file here: /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Logs/DevKinsta.

I hope this helps you get things sorted out!

Hi Adrian,

Thank you! I seems that it keeps hanging with this code:

[2023-12-22 09:31:42.665] [info]  [dockerClient/isReady] Check if Docker client is ready

Hi @whadaday!

Thank you for your reply, and for providing that log information. I see you mentioned that the DevKinsta client is able to continue launching if you manually link the docker.sock file to /var/run. I do want to confirm that the Docker Desktop application is properly configured to link this path at launch. Would you be able to please provide a screenshot showing the “Advanced” tab under the Docker Desktop’s settings page?

You may find this page by launching the Docker Desktop application, click the gear icon in the top right of the window, and then select the “Advanced” setting option on the left side of the window.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards