Something bad happened when importing 20 Gb site from Kinsta

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: April 6, 2024 GMT+3 Romania (2024-04-06 15:26:44)

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.13.2.8698

Q: OS Version
A: MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.28.0 (139021)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: [terminalExec] Error: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1861) [generator=3.2.7]

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: I’m trying to import a live site from Kinsta having the dru.ro primary domain, but the import process keeps failing with “Something bad happened” error in DevKinsta. I have plenty of disk space allocated with more than enough resources in Docker, but nothing helps importing the site.

Hi @Aaron_Marton! Welcome to the Kinsta community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that experiencing an error like this can be frustrating, and difficult to diagnose. I appreciate you providing the screenshots and details in your post to help us with figuring out the root cause of this problem!

It does look like during the process rsync is experiencing an issue with the file transfer process. There are various causes as to why this can occur. One could be that files that were originally calculated during the start of the transfer have suddenly disappeared. Another could be a network related issue along the way between the server and your local system. There may also be an environment specific issue occurring resulting in the error.

I would like to rule out that there is an environment specific issue occurring during the transfer process. I understand you are in the process of importing the site from the live environment. However, does the same issue occur if you import from a staging environment? To try this, if you do not already have a staging environment please create one from within MyKinsta. To do this you may follow the instructions in our help article at the link below:

Once the staging environment has been created, please attempt to import this environment into DevKinsta. This will help in confirming if the issue is related specifically to the live environment.

Please let us know if the issue continues to persist even with the staging environment. We are standing by to further assist!

Best regards