"This site can’t be reached", but adminer is still accessible

Hello @devstagr ,

Thank you for your reply.

I’m glad to hear that the routing issue is resolved now.

We are sorry that you had such an unsatisfactory experience with DevKinsta. As for the performance issue you’re reported, that issue (as any other) is something we are troubleshooting in the dark so to speak and relying solely on your main.log entries and feedback we get from you. We understand that this process has a lot of back and forth and we do thank you for your patience.

In regards to the slowness, this is not something every user has experienced although it has been reported a couple of times. I see you already tried some solutions but in most cases, completely uninstalling the DevKinsta and Docker Desktop and reinstalling it and/or making sure enough resources are allocated to both of them in terms of RAM and CPU has fixed the issue, based on users feedback.

While we are not specifically working on preventing the possibility for such an issue, we are now constantly working to making DevKinsta better in every aspect. I do hope that you will find the experience satisfactory again.

I noticed that you mentioned in the thread from July 2023 that you’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling DevKinsta and Docker but a version has been released since, and you might try that again (if applicable, since this process removes all sites’ data that are hosted locally on DevKinsta) and also check the allocated resources.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards

Hi there,

I’m having the exact same problem. I have pulled Kinsta sites locally and now get this:

I installed DevKinsta a few months ago and everything was working fine. The sites were fine, syncing fine. I haven’t used it in a while, tried opening it today and got DevKinsta and Docker updates, installed everything. Reset the system and nothing works now. Should note all the URLs have ports included now (Don’t remember that being the case before):


Surely something changed during an update somewhere? DevKinsta has been quite a pain to use overall to be honest. I’ve mostly been using Local for WP development, but if DevKinsta actually worked, I’d use it instead…

Hi @crumpet, welcome to the Kinsta Community! :wave:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with DevKinsta. Were you able to run a search-and-replace for the URLs that include the port, as we recommended above? "This site can’t be reached", but adminer is still accessible - #18 by Adrian_L

If that is unsuccessful, please let us know.

1 Like

I’m afraid not, the only way I solved it was by disabling DevKinsta’s auto detection of ports. I manually set them and now it’s working. Must be some conflict with Local’s ports that DevKinsta’s auto detection isn’t getting past.

Quick follow up, and I did search and replace, although I ended up doing “mysite.local:123” to “mysite.local” as there were a lot of other mentions without the protocol. But it broke, seems I can’t use the site without the port.

I’m on a Mac and only thing I can think of conflicting is Local, I hope Kinsta can improve DevKinsta and ensure it just works out of the box, because that’s what Local does - never had issues like this over there. :pray:

Hi @crumpet,

Thank you for following up with what worked for you! I’m sorry to hear you’re having these difficulties; we are continuing to work on and improve DevKinsta, so if you do have any further requests or concerns, please let us know and we will certainly be happy to take a look. I hope you have a wonderful day!