Troubleshooting WordPress Multisite Setup in DevKinsta

I am setting up a WordPress multisite environment using DevKinsta for local development. However, I encounter an issue where the subsites within the multisite network are inaccessible, showing a “Page Not Found” error. I have followed the standard procedures for setting up a multisite network, including updating the .htaccess and wp-config.php files as per the WordPress Codex guidelines.

I’ve checked the network settings in the WordPress dashboard and verified that they are correctly configured. Additionally, I’ve ensured that the virtual hosts for the subsites are set up properly in the DevKinsta configuration.

Despite these efforts, the subsites still cannot be accessed, and I’m unsure what could be causing the issue.

How can I troubleshoot this problem and ensure that the subsites within my WordPress multisite network function correctly in DevKinsta?

Hello @joeroot! :wave:

Welcome to the Kinsta Community! If you’re trying to set up a WordPress multisite with subdomains/custom domains for the subsites, you’ll need to manually create entries for your subdomain/custom domain in your machine’s local host file. For more information, please refer to our help article linked below:

I hope this information is helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your response and the helpful information. I’ll make sure to manually create entries for the subdomains/custom domains in my local host file as per the instructions provided in the help article.

I’ll give this a try and see if it resolves the issue with accessing the subsites within my WordPress multisite network in DevKinsta. If I encounter any further difficulties or have additional questions, I’ll be sure to reach out for further assistance.

Thanks again for your support!

1 Like

Amazing, I will appereciate for your amazing knowledge! Thanks buddy.