Unable to create new site - The site name is invalid

I’ve used DevKinsta/Docker on my Macbook Pro (M1 Apple chip) in the past to create WordPress sites and launch to Kinsta, but I started having problems trying to create a new website. Whether I try to create a blank WordPress site or Create an Empty Site, I’m getting the same error.

The error I get shows after I fill the “Site name” field. No matter what I enter, it says “The site name is invalid.” (see screenshot attached) once I tab out of the field. I have not been able to locate any errors in the main.log file. It seems like the error is happening at the form level, so it never reaches a point where it could add an error log.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling DevKinsta/Docker with no luck. I also deleted any sites I had in there, but if there is a more thorough way of removing and re-installing I will give that a try. If anyone has recommendations for other places to look for errors, please let me know and I can look into it further.

Hello @lzdig! :wave:

Welcome to the Kinsta Community!

If you don’t have an existing local site running in Devkinsta to save, you can navigate to Devkinsta Settings > Site Path to confirm where the Devkinsta associated files are stored. You can then manually delete them and proceed to uninstall both DevKinsta and Docker to start fresh.

If the issue persists, please send us a copy of your main.log file. To locate it, click on the question mark icon at the bottom-left corner of DevKinsta. Then select “Reveal log file in File Manager”. We can take a closer look and hopefully figure out what is causing the issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Adrian_L!

Thanks!

I have a main.log file, but it still has some information from a couple previous sites in it. Some of these logs contain DB user login info, how can I go about sharing it safely? Should I find any passwords or sensitive info and remove it first?

@lzdig

Please feel free to send me the main.log file through direct message. :slightly_smiling_face: