Importing Site from Kinsta to Local

Hello Support,

I am using DevKinsta to create a development environment on my local computer. I have installed Docker and DevKinsta. After installed and working I am trying to import my Staging Site to my local using Dev Kinsta. But on the installation is says “Something Bad Happen” error after the configuring NGINX.

What is the problem on my end? Is there some settings to configure? are there issues with antivirus? or app protection that I’m aware of?

Thank You

Here is an attached DevKinsta Log
main.log - redacted

Also a screenshot of my the error

Hi @lemuelTIE :wave: and welcome to the Kinsta Community!

I noticed that the process failed during the database dump action, as shown in the screenshot you provided. After reviewing your main.log file, I found the following error message:

[2024-01-31 00:43:03.815] [error] [ipcMainStep] Error in operation SITE_CREATION, step database: Error: Error (1): UERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

To resolve this issue, I recommend clearing the following folders as suggested on another post I’ve linked below, and then reinstalling DevKinsta and Docker Desktop:

C:\Users\LENOVO\AppData\Roaming\DevKinsta
C:\Users\LENOVO\DevKinsta

You can find more details in the following URL: "Something Bad Happened" every time I try to make a site

I hope this helps!

Hello Adrian,

I have done what you suggested and it somehow fix the issue. I have successfuly imported my staging site to my Local through DevKinsta. The reinstall might have been the fix.

Thank You

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.