Update to wordpress 6.6.1 fails

Hi,
I have a site in DevKinsta.
When I try to update from wordpress 6.5.5 to 6.6.1, the installation fails and I receive 2 messages, as you can see on screenshot.
Could you please give me a solution?

DevKinsta : 2.13.2

Looks like it’s not able to reach WordPress.org for some reason.

It could be that it’s trying to download WordPress to the /tmp folder, which is a folder typically used in Linux hosting environment. The upgrade should work in production or if you switch from DevKinsta to a Linux environment for your local site. I recommend checking out WSL for creating a Linux environment on Windows.

Hi @pedgr! Welcome to the Kinsta community!

I’m sorry to see that you are experiencing difficulty when you attempt to update your DevKinsta site. I understand the importance of resolving this issue as soon as possible!

It does appear as xaymup mentioned that the site is having difficulty connecting to wordpress.org. To confirm, are you able to visit wordpress.org from a web browser on the host machine?

If you are able to access wordpress.org, I would recommend deactivating all plugins installed on the site along with temporarily switching the theme to the default Twenty Twenty-Four theme if it is installed. This will help rule out or determine if this a plugin/theme issue causing the problem.

Please let us know if this helps, or if you do continue to experience any issues.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for your help!
I had already tried to switch to the default theme and deactivate all plugins, but with no success.
Fortunately, I managed to update wordpress to latest version after enabling wp_auto_update in DevKinsta.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.