DK0066: IMPORT_DB_DUMP: Error (1): (ERROR at line 1: Unknown command '\-'

I have a solution that actually works but you need to be very quick. Step 4 is where the magic happens.

1. Add the site as normal in DevKinsta and wait for it throw the error DK0066.
  2. Open the backup.sql file in a fast text editor like Sublime. Some IDE’s might be a bit too slow.
  3. Delete the first line /*!999999- enable the sandbox mode */ and Save.
  4. NOW is the tricky bit, which nobody seems to have mentioned. Read all of this step first before starting. You need to click ‘Retry’ in DevKinsta which will cause DevKinsta to re-download the backup.sql file and this will therefore re-create the first error line which you deleted in step 3. Your job is to delete the line again in Sublime Text AND Save the file BEFORE the ‘Downloading Remote Site’ step finishes in Dev Kinsta. To reiterate - you must delete and save the line very quickly, typically within a couple of seconds of clicking “Retry”; but this depends on the file size of your remote site. This is why I suggested using a quick editor like Sublime so no time is spent re-indexing your IDE and losing the precious few seconds you have. If you need more time. Add a giant file to remote site, or throttle your internet if you need more time.

I’ve tested this on an M1 Mac and an M2 Mac Running Sonoma MacOX 14.3.1 and the latest Sonoma.

Hope this helps.