Importing from Kinsta deletes hidden git folder

After a few issues related to importing sites from Kinsta that have recently been resolved, I’m now encountering another issue.

I imported the site and verified it was working correctly, before hooking it up to version control, with the .git folder in the site’s root folder. I then ran an import from Kinsta to pull down the latest media files and WordPress database, but found that the import has deleted the .git folder.

I brought the git folder back over to the project, then did another import, but this time, rather than leaving it as all files checked, I cherry-picked just the /wp-content/ folder. However, the git folder was still deleted as soon as the import hits the “downloading remote site” section.

I’ve tested this a few times with different folders/files in the root, and the result is the same each time. Is there something I am missing here? Is there a way to ensure that files/folders aren’t deleted, as it’s extremely frustrating to see the git folder being wiped each time?

Machine OS version: 14.4.1 (23E224)
Devkinsta version: Version 2.13.2 (2.13.2.8698)
Docker Desktop version: Docker Desktop 4.29.0 (145265)

Happy to provide log files via DM if needed.

Thanks
Joe

Hello Joe,

I was able to replicate this. I will report this to our developers and update you once they write back. There’s no ETA, unfortunately, but I will let you know as soon as this is reviewed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards