Slow Performance

I thought one of the main benefits of local development was speed but recently DevKinsta has become painfully slow. Is this a known problem with the application in general or something with my specific environment setup?

Hello @wpcreative-jw ,

Can you please share what version of DevKinsta and Docker is installed and what OS are you using?

Regards,
Alessandro

Hi

macOS Catalina version 10.15.7
DevKinsta Version 2.10.0 (2.10.0.6571)
Docker Version 4.15.0 (93002)

Thanks

Thank you for sharing these details, can you please try to update Docker to the latest version (4.17.0), also please check in its settings if Kubernetes is enabled or not. If it is enabled, please try to disable it:

Now updated. Still very very slow.

macOS Big Sur Version 11.7.4
DevKinsta Version 2.10.0
Docker Desktop 4.17.0 (99724)

Kubernetes is not enabled.

Thanks
John

Hello John :slight_smile:

Could you please try this suggestion I posted in the other thread before ( to enable virtiofs option in the Docker Desktop ), and see if that will also help to resolve the slowness issue on your Mac end?

Cheers,
Agus

Hi

The option to use virtiofsis disabled, i need macos 12.5 which I cant upgrade to.

Thanks

Hi @wpcreative-jw,
something else you can try is to increase the resources granted to Docker. To do so, access Docker settings and move to the Resources tab, from there you will be able to grand more memory, CPUs etc

Regards,
Alessandro