Starting Docker... [DK0006]

When I fire up DevKinsta, it chokes on ‘Starting Docker…’

Eventually, I receive the error message DK0006.

Here is what I’ve tried:

• I’ve rebooted my computer, DevKinsta and Docker
  • Ensured Docker (4.34.3) and DevKinsta (2.13.4) were the most up-to-date
  • Ran this command in terminal: sudo ln -s “$HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock” /var/run/docker.sock as noted here.

I am aiming to avoid re-downloading DevKinsta, as I have a few sites on there already. I use DevKinsta regularly, and it was working fine the last time I used it. I believe the only change to my computer since, was upgrading to Sequoia.

Hardware:

• Mac OS Sequoia, 15.0.1, Apple M1

Hi @natasha_nightshift :wave:

When you see error code DK0006, it usually means that Docker is having trouble loading the necessary DevKinsta containers. Please try loading Docker Desktop manually, then check if the DevKinsta containers are present. Also, if you see the “Re-apply configuration” option at the top of Docker Desktop, just give that a click and then try launching DevKinsta again. You can check the screenshot below for reference:

Let us know how it goes! :crossed_fingers:

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your note.

When you mention, ‘try loading Docker Manually’ do you just mean, open it independently of DevKinsta?

To clarify, I forced quit DevKinsta, then opened Docker, THEN DevKinsta, and it’s still not working. My containers are appearing and I do not see ‘re-apply configurations’ on my end.

Update:

• I decided to try downgrading my Docker to the previous version to see if it’s an issue/bug with the new Sequoia. That didn’t work.
  • I decided to update Docker back to the most recent version.
  • I tried this command again in terminal $ sudo ln -s “$HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock” /var/run/docker.sock and suddenly DevKinsta started loading properly (weird?!)

Now the problem is I’m getting PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR when loading any of my sites.

I investigated troubleshooting on this article but I am not using a Third Party Security Software, or VPN. I also reset Firefox’s Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Settings, and created a new Firefox profile with no fix. I also tried opening in both Chrome and Safari.

Hi @natasha_nightshift ! :wave: Is a main.log file being generated, and can you provide that to us? Troubleshooting - Error Codes - Kinsta® Docs

My main.log file is attached.
main.log (43.5 KB)

Just wanted to add, that I even deleted my Kinsta AND Docker, and re-started. Finally that got me back up and running. Then when I shut my computer down for the night, and rebooted in the morning, the problem came back with DevKinsta hanging.

I have also confirmed that docker.sock is running

Hello Natasha :wave: What is the docker version you downgraded to? If you haven’t tried that, please downgrade to Docker version 4.29 and tell me if that makes a difference on reboot.

Kind regards

Ok, I downgraded to 4.29, and now the error message is DK0009.

I added this to terminal docker kill devkinsta_fpm && docker kill devkinsta_nginx && docker kill devkinsta_adminer && docker kill devkinsta_db && docker kill devkinsta_mailhog and rebooted DevKinsta and Docker, and the same error persists.

I’ve re-uploaded my log file for reference. There seems to be something going on with my mailhog container. I also tried to purge my Docker, and that did not resolve the issue.

[main.log - redacted]

It looks like the ‘devkinsta_mailhog’ container is restarting eternally. I also see this error in the main.log.

Try deleting the ‘devkinsta_mailhog’ container in Docker Desktop. The container will be recreated once the app is relaunched, hopefully resolving the startup issue.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Adrian, I actually did try that and it made no difference. Just came back with the same error.

This issue is a bit challenging. I can’t replicate this issue either in my MAC machine with the following specs:

Machine OS: M2, Mac OS Sequoia
Docker Desktop: 4.34.3
Devkinsta: 2.13.4

Can you please check for any additional entries in the Logs tab in the devkinsta_mailhog container that might provide more clues as to why the container doesn’t start completely?

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your response. I’ve attached a screenshot of the error.

Which led me to this solution:
“Docker “Rosetta is only intended to run on Apple Silicon” on macOS Sequoia”

And now my DevKinsta is finally working and loading my websites! :slight_smile:

What I don’t understand is that I’m not running Sequoia Developer Beta. I’m running a public Sequoia. I’m not clear on why I had to install Rosetta to clear it if you didn’t run into that same issue?

Yeah, I don’t have that error on my Docker Desktop. Strange indeed. :thinking:
But I am glad that your local sites are now working. :+1: