Time to move on from DevKinsta

Hello Justin @coloradodev :wave:

Thank you for the report and feedback, and for sharing your experiences using this DevKinsta software.
I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been run into endless errors with it.

Regarding the containers not starting, if you’re still experiencing this, I would suggest to try to close the Docker Desktop as well as to close and quite the DevKinsta completely, and then re-open them and see if the containers in the docker can be started. Also, I’m not sure if you’re running the latest DevKinsta version 2.9.0, if you haven’t upgraded it, please also give it a try.

Regarding the port configuration, I’m not sure what’s the exact issue you’ve been experiencing with it, but by default DevKinsta normally will use/setup these ports HTTP = 80, and HTTPS = 443 . These can be customized/changed in DevKinsta → Settings → Port Selector section (in case any of those default ports have been used by other web services running locally on the user’s end/side).

Regarding the downloading (WP Site from Kinsta) that’s randomly stops and restarts, there might be some information of the error that would be logged in the main.log file.
Based on the previous posts you made, it seems you’re using DevKinsta on Windows 10 pro with WSL2 . On Windows, the main.log file can be found here:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\DevKinsta\logs
(I myself on Linux, and that main.log file can be found here: /home/yourusername/.config/DevKinsta/logs )
If you’re still experiencing this issue, please privately send me your recent main.log file and see if I can find anything from it.

For the download/upload speed issue (with huge site transfers, 20GB site that took 6 hours to download on a gigabit internet connection), I’m not really sure what might be causing that, but I will relay this case to our internal DevKinsta developers and see if they can check/investigate further.

The only issue I’ve seen is with the “DK0065 error” when pushing/uploading huge/large local site to Staging on Kinsta server, like this case that was reported before (and was solved) due to large directories and files (large .zip backup files and whatnot)
Note: the upload process is using rsync to share files with the remote site.

Cheers,
Agus