Unable to create a new local site with the same name as previous?

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A: 13/03/24 12.00 UK **

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A: 2.13.1.8585 **

Q: OS Version
**A: Mac OS Monterey 12.7.4 **

Q: Docker Desktop Version
**A: 4.28.0 **

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
**A: Something bad happened **

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A: After updating DevKinsta & Docker I had a few issues. Decided to start again with a new installation. I followed the uninstall guide, remove App from Applications directory deleted all host names, and removed all ‘devkinsta_’ containers in Docker.

After reinstalling DevKinsta, I can’t add a new site with the same name as a previous site? But I can add sites with previously unused names. Is there a way to clear out historic site names so they can be reused? **

Hello @designlobby :wave:

I attempted to replicate the issue you reported, but wasn’t able to. I deleted a default WordPress site and re-created it with the same site name through DevKinsta, and it worked without any problems. If you haven’t already done so, I suggest completely exiting from DevKinsta and Docker Desktop, relaunching DevKinsta, and attempting to create the site again. Additionally, please check the file site path folder to ensure it doesn’t exist (for example, ~/Devkinsta_Files/public/sitenamehere).

If you still experience issues, please send me a copy of your main.log file via direct message. You can find it by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left corner of DevKinsta, and then selecting “Reveal log file in File Manager”. We would like to take a look at it and assist in identifying the problem.

Thank you, and best regards.

Hey Adrian, thanks for your help.
It seems that restarting my workstation has fixed the issue!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.