Wordpress pages not loading on macOS when VPN (Wireguard ) is enabled

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: I’ve only noticed it happening for about a month.

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.11.0

Q: OS Version
A: MacOS Ventura 13.5.2

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.22.1 (118664)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: cURL fetch error for external resources

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: Connect to VPN endpoint, open/load DevKinsta (in-turn starts up Docker).
Wordpress admin pages which load external resources such as analytics data from MonsterInsights, take forever to load (~75sec) and display a cURL error, sometimes pages timeout.
If the VPN is turned on after DevKinsta is running, the cURL fetch issue is not present, external data loads fine, and the admin page loads in under a second.

Heya @hi.bouse :wave: and welcome to Kinsta Community!

Thank you for reporting this! First of all, I don’t use Mac here (only Linux and Windows machines), and may not be able to replicate this on my end.

I don’t think if it’s really a bug with DevKinsta (or if it’s something that’s related to the Docker maybe, as the local sites are served in these docker’s containers) - and by default it should work normally on the normal/common install/setup (without any VPN).
I have no experience with this Wireguard VPN either and not sure how it works (its settings and whatnot) :thinking: I’m wondering if there’s such firewall settings or something perhaps in that VPN (Wireguard), that might prevent to load external resources, or for the curl to connect to the external URL (timed out)?.
What if you try to run Docker Desktop first, then run the VPN, after that run DevKinsta, if it’s still working fine, then most likely it’s something related to the Docker itself possibly.

If the VPN is turned on after DevKinsta is running, the cURL fetch issue is not present, external data loads fine, and the admin page loads in under a second.

Well, if this step/method works (and no other issues with the VPN and its functionality - when it’s turned ON after running DevKinsta and/or Docker Desktop), perhaps you may want to keep it that way.

Regards,
Agus