DevKinsta - Can't load local databses with Database manager button

Hello all,
I can build a new, local site in DevKinsta, visit it and use the WP Admin button to edit it. All of that works fine, but what I cannot do is get to the database with the Database Manager button. It tries to load for a while, then In Safari it tells me the server could not be found. In Firefox it tells me it took too long to load. Without this function, I can’t figure out how else to completely back up my local sites.

System Specs:

• Mac OS Ventura v 13.7,
  • DevKinsta v 2.13.4 (2.13.4.8833),
  • Docker Desktop v 4.34.3 (170107)
  • No file paths modified by me,
  • No Kinsta hosting account yet.

Thanks,
Shawn

Hi @sk5594 :wave:

When trying to load the Database Manager UI, can you check in the Docker Desktop if the resources for the devkinsta_db and devkinsta_adminer containers are getting maxed out? Also, you can try downgrading the Docker Desktop to 4.29 or lower as similarly suggested on this other thread. Let me how it goes!

Hi Adrian,
While trying to load the site and Database Manager it looks like those are not coming anywhere near max resources, if you mean things like memory, CPU, etc. I will try a downgrade tomorrow and let you know how that goes.
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @sk5594,

Thanks for the update! Hopefully, the downgrade helps resolve the issue. Looking forward to hearing how it goes . Please keep us updated.

Yeah, I don’t know what the heck is going on now. Now I keep getting an error message from DevKinsta saying “DK0006 Couldn’t download docker images”. I didn’t change anything yet, was still researching how to downgrade Docker. It all worked fine last night (was editing website, but still couldn’t access Database Manager).

Please see response below to Merineth.

(post deleted by author)

…and now I’m trying to push images to docker hub to back them up and I get: “(HTTP code 400) unexpected - invalid tag format”

(post deleted by author)

Okay, I’m sorry for the many posts. I ran the terminal command:
sudo ln -s “$HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock” /var/run/docker.sock
found at:

All is back up and running except I still can’t access the Database manager. I’m a bit confused by the backup process for Docker, but if I can get through that I will do the downgrade. However, I am concerned that using an older version of Docker could be a security risk. Will advise on next decision. Thank you for the responses. :slight_smile:

Hi @sk5594. that’s alright and thanks for the update!

We understand your concerns regarding Docker and based on our tests and experience downgrading somehow helped. But let us know how you go.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further clarification or have any questions along the way. We’re here to help!

Trying the downgrade did not fix it for me. I found out that it wasn’t the version of Docker creating the issue. Somehow this part of the system doesn’t like my VPN. When I turn off the VPN and restart DevKinsta/Docker, either online or offline, I am then able to use Adminer/Database Manager and work with backups. And that’s while using Docker v 4.35.0.

Thank you for testing this yourselves and being so responsive. I am impressed with your system and customer service enough to try Kinsta once my site is ready. :slight_smile: