301 redirects on Kinsta Static sites

There is currently no way to implement 301 redirects with Kinsta Statics sites, which is an issue whenever you update content or change site structure.

It would be awesome to have exactly the same redirect rule management feature as the Wordpress hosting: WordPress Hosting - Redirects - Kinsta® Docs

Or maybe being able to implement them as a configuration file, which could look like this:

1 Like

Hi @joseph_l Welcome to the Kinsta community.

Thank you for the suggestion, and I agree that it would be very useful to have the same redirect rule management for Static Sites.

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to our internal devs team so they can review this request. We can’t promise anything yet or any ETA though but when it comes available, we will announce it in the future.

Have an awesome day.

As a workaround, I have set up my redirects at CDN level with Cloudflare. https://developers.cloudflare.com/rules/url-forwarding/

It’s a bit of a PITA to use, and you’re super limited by the number of rules

1 Like

Hello @joseph_l :wave:

That’s a great workaround, and yes, the free plan is limited with a number of rules, however, our engineers will be looking at it. There’s no immediate plan to implement redirects via Mykinta, due to our structure and how the static sites work, but if it becomes available, we’ll announce it :slight_smile:

In the meantime, external proxy at DNS level is the best way to go.

Kind regards