ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED when loading website

Hi everyone,

since few days I’m unable to load my website, the error is ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
I tried to uncheck the auto-detect port. But the issue is still there.
I saw that even though I unchecked this option, when I launch the website it goes to a url: exampledomain:33295
I updated with the last version of DevKinsta and Docker.

Thanks

Hi @Fabrice ! :wave: Welcome to the Kinsta Community.

When you unchecked the option to auto-detect ports, did you also add 80 to the HTTP field, and 443 to the HTTPS field? If not, please do that and let me know what the result of that test is.

If you’re still having issues after that attempt, please send us the main.log file from the site: DevKinsta - Troubleshooting - Main.log File

Hi,

yes I add 80 an 443 port and click on confirm.
No change.
Thanks I send you the main.log

Thank you for providing that!

Hm, I took a look and while I see the failed connection attempts before the port changes, but I’m not seeing those same attempts after the port changes. I see attempts to 80 and 443 shortly after that, but I also see attempts to 81 and 444 - was that a change that you made as a test? Generally speaking, we would want to keep it on 80 and 443.

Can you please close out of DevKinsta, stop your devkinsta_nginx container, delete it, and then restart DevKinsta? That will automatically recreate the container:

Thanks for your search.
Yes the 81 and 444 was just a test, just after I set the 80 and 443.
If delete the devkinsta_nginx I doesn’t lost data ? I said that because I’ve got a repository git who is not on the live website.
Thanks

Hello Fabrice :wave:

If you delete containers and images related to DevKinsta within Docker, but preserve the volumes, there should be no loss of data.

Hello,

I deleted the devkinsta_nginx but the issue is still there.
Thanks

Sorry if I’m asking the obvious, but you shut down both DevKinsta and Docker and restarted them before checking? I’m looking into the alternatives, but I want to make sure.

Kind regards

Yes I restarted both.
Thanks

Hello @Fabrice, can you please check the following:

1. Check that the DNS entries in your hostfile are still in place and are pointing to 127.0.0.1, you can do this by testing your domain with a simple ping command like in the picture:
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 09.39.34
  2. If you create a new vanilla WordPress site in DevKinsta, are you able to reach the page and surf the site properly? And does that URL uses ports?

Regards,
Alessandro

Hi,

1. Yes it’s in the hostfile in ipv4 and ipv6.

the ping command return the ipv6:

Réponse de ::1 : temps<1ms

1. Yes it’s working, with the default port 80/443

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I find a fix, I see that my database haven’t all the data (before It’s was ok).
So I pull from a dump from the live server, after that I see If load with the url mydomain.local/fr (or /en) the website works well, but If I click on the “open website” on Devkinsta I’ve got the redirection on mydomain.local:33295.
I don’t know why, but it’s not a big deal. In the setting I set 33295 for the https port, and the button works fine now.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.