Installation of DevKinsta on Windows 11

I am trying to figure out a way to install DevKinsta, everytime that I try it keeps getting blocked by UAC

Hello @Turbochip and welcome to DevKinsta Community!
It looks like your current user doesn’t have the proper permission to install DevKinsta. I am not a Windows user but, if I am not mistaken, you can run the Command Prompt as administrator to overcome this.

1. Open the Command Prompt as administrator
  2. Type the full path of the DevKinsta.exe (C:\Users\chip\Downloads\DevKinsta.exe) and press enter

Regards,
Alessandro

Dear developers of this software, your software is completely broken and I cannot even install it. There is something wrong with your installation routine. Please fix it, it does not install correctly on the latest version of Windows 11 Pro… this is so frustrating, I have spent 1 hour on this and nothing works. I have no issues with anything else or installing anything else so I am left to blame your installation.

Please fix it. I am now moving onto trying Local by Flywheel.

P.S Here is an update, I just install Local by Flywheel and its working perfectly fine, no installation issues…

Hello @Mitch_Menghi and welcome to DevKinsta Community!
If you could share more details regarding the error you are facing during the installation, we’ll do our best to help.

Regards,
Alessandro

I ran into the same issue, it’s because it appears to windows as an “Unknown Publisher” and your WIndows 11 PC blocked it. I only know this because the exact thing happened to me but after some fiddling of opening it differnt ways and a restart the PC told me it was blocked. So I asked copilot (microsoft AI) about the message and the answer was super simple.

1. Unblock the Application Using File Properties:
  • Right-click on the blocked setup file and select Properties.
  • In the Properties dialog, open the General tab.
  • Click the Unblock button under the Security section.
  • Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
  • If the Unblock option is not available in File Properties, proceed to the next step.

You right click it and unblock it. Done problem solved, opened just fine.

IF you don’t know what file to click simply download the install file again and try to run it, if blocked, right click and unblock with above steps, run again. Worked like a charm

Hi @Andrew_Fair

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and the solution! It’s great to hear that simply unblocking the application from the file properties resolved the issue. This is a handy tip, especially for those who might be encountering the same issue and anyone who will encounter such in the future.

Thanks again for your helpful advice! It’s always appreciated to learn from someone else’s direct experience. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.