Website Interactivity is Slow

Hi everyone, I’m taking over gathering information for this issue/thread and have been reviewing Windows performance issues this week/advocating for more Mac testing.

For Windows Users: our developers are currently working on prioritizing Hyper-V support over WSL2, since WSL2 is the main cause for performance issues. Right now, Hyper-V sort of works but is not too easy to set up.

For Mac Users: Mac issues seem more complex but less common. Our developers are working to reproduce issues to track down solutions. Right now our advice is to update to Docker Desktop 4.6 then follow Docker’s recommendation to enable “vritiofts.”. If this still does not improve performance for you on Mac, please open a new thread so that we can gather more information for testing purposes.

For Linux Users: We recommend using Docker Engine instead of Docker Desktop for the best performance/experience.

In the long term, we are looking to change how local files are stored for DevKinsta to hopefully tackle all the performance issues at once. We apologize for how long this has been an issue but we’ll do all we can to make sure we make DevKinsta perform as well as it should. Please feel free to message me privately/directly with any information/issues or create a new thread in the forum so that we can start looking at cases individually. If I discover any new solutions/improvements that can be made I will post them here.

2 Likes