DevKinsta - Completely broken - Can't Pull site

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 7/5/22

Q: DevKinsta Version

Q: OS Version
A: macOS 10.15.7

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 10.10.10

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: Yes; many. More info below.

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem

I’ve had DevKinsta installed and working fine for many months. I use it infrequently.

Today, I added a new file to the directory structure for my website. I tried to push the changes to Staging and encountered an error. I believe it may have been related to our hosts file?

Every time I retried, it would fail. So, I tried Pulling the site from Staging instead to (reset) the site. This failed as well.

I finally got DevKinsta fully uninstalled by following these instructions for macOS.

After uninstalling all files, Docker containers, etc. and reinstalling, I still can’t Pull the site from Staging.

The relevant error that I continue getting in main.log is:

[2022-07-05 14:26:21.819] [error] [downloadSite] Error while downloading files Error: Encountered an error in child process 25636: 1. cp: can't stat '/tmp/.ssh': No such file or directory

I can send my entire main.log file if it would help but would prefer to do so via a secure channel.

I don’t care if I need to uninstall DevKinsta or need to take extra manual steps - I just need to be able to Pull our site from Staging, add a single file, and Push it back.

In the meantime, I can probably get by with SSH, but would greatly appreciate having DevKinsta working again.


Hi @rinogo, thanks for reaching out. I’m reporting this to our developers because this seems to be an error that’s only occurring for Mac users. As far as I see, this only began happening earlier today.

We have not released any DevKinsta updates that would cause this so we are trying to track down the actual cause.

I will be sure to give you an update here as soon as I know more/have a fix ready.

Thanks, @Kevin! I’ve been very satisfied with Kinsta/DevKinsta, but I burned many hours on this today. For a service I use professionally, that ends up being a pretty poor use of time. Hopefully this can be resolved and my faith in Kinsta/DevKinsta restored!

I completely understand your frustration @rinogo, and I’m doing my best to communicate the urgency of this issue to our team!
I’m very perplexed as to why it would randomly start happening/why it only seems to happen with Mac users.
I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more from our Devs.

Hi @rinogo, please follow the following steps to fix this:

  1. Open Docker Desktop and go to “Images”
  2. Remove/Delete “kinsta/devkinsta_rsync-ssh”

The next time you run a sync for a website it should download a new version of “devkinsta_rsync-ssh” which should fix fix. Please let me know if it doesn’t.

Thanks, Kevin. That seems to have worked.

1 Like