The installation of an existing site is not proceeding

@Azat_Erlanov_Erlanov

I have checked the latest main.log file that you shared, and it looks like it stopped at the “Add host entries” action. Unfortunately, your machine is still preventing Devkinsta from making changes to your local host file. Can you check if the following host entries have been added to your local machine’s host file and if you can make changes to it?

You can also check the host file Properties option and make sure it is not set as “Read Only”. See this YouTube video here as a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzm1sGCFCGA

There’s no such problem.

There’s no such problem…

@Azat_Erlanov_Erlanov Can you confirm by sending a screenshot if the .local domain entries are present in your machine’s local host file?

The “host” file is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc directory.

Отправил вам скриншот

Thank you. The screenshot confirms that the host entries for your local site aren’t listed. This means that Devkinsta is getting blocked or doesn’t have permission to write to the host file. However, as my colleague previously stated, we cannot fix this from our end. You would need to further investigate how to set bypass or unblock our Devkinsta app in your computer settings to allow it to write to your machine’s local host file.

This problem has been corrected.

There was no such problem, running as administrator works without problems.

Even deleting old ones doesn’t happen

Deleting a site in DevKinsta requires accessing the host file also to remove the domain (.local) entry, ideally. Which is likely causing the action to get stalled when unable to access/modify the host file.

Here is an example of how my machine’s host file looks with the DevKinsta custom domains. The domains are added/removed whenever I create/pull a site within the app.

What’s the next step?

It seems that some settings on your machine are preventing DevKinsta from working properly. If you haven’t already, try reinstalling DevKinsta as an Administrator and disable any security software running on your machine. If it still doesn’t work, you may want to consider installing DevKinsta on a different machine.

I managed to solve the problem. The problem was not in the PC settings, the problem was in another program “Open Server” which also used the host file and did not allow writing to the host file. Simply uninstalling the “Open Server” program solved the problem.

We are pleased to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for sharing the solution with our community.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.