Updated to 2.11.0 and now get DK0006 Couldn’t download docker images

I updated to DevKinsta version 2.11.0 this morning, and now I can’t access DevKinsta.

It says “Starting Docker…” then nothing for a while, then “Error DK0006 Couldn’t download docker images”.

However, Docker is running fine. In fact, I can access my local dev sites, I just can’t get into DevKinsta to push/pull or generally manage anything. I can’t access the Settings page for example.

I’ve checked the community pages for fixes already. I’ve tried reinstalling and restarting in various combinations.

I’ve tried the Terminal command:
sudo ln -s “$HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock” /var/run/docker.sock

Nothing seems to be working.

Here’s the log file info:

[2023-06-21 09:48:56.199] [info]  [dockerClient/isReady] Check if Docker client is ready
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.251] [info]  [setWslVolumePath] set wsl path
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.252] [info]  [isWslMode] check if docker runs on wsl mode
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.267] [info]  [getDevKinstaPath] get DevKinsta path
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.267] [info]  [isWslMode] check if docker runs on wsl mode
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.268] [info]  [cleanSiteList] Update site list
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.334] [info]  [dockerUtil/getImage] Get Docker image, name: kinsta/devkinsta_nginx:1.3.2
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.334] [info]  [dockerUtil/isImageUpToDate] Check if 'kinsta/devkinsta_nginx' Docker image is up to date
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.335] [warn]  [dockerUtil/isImageUpToDate] Failed to inspect image undefined
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.336] [info]  [dockerUtil/pullImage] Pull Docker image. name: kinsta/devkinsta_nginx, version: 1.3.2
[2023-06-21 09:49:01.338] [error] Error: connect ENOENT /var/run/docker.sock
    at __node_internal_captureLargerStackTrace (node:internal/errors:484:5)
    at __node_internal_exceptionWithHostPort (node:internal/errors:662:12)
    at PipeConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1300:16)

I’ve also tried to downgrade DevKinsta to a previous version, but I can’t seem to find a download link to previous versions anywhere (maybe I’ve missed something).

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hey @Tom_McLean ! Welcome to DevKinsta Community!

That’s interesting :thinking: let’s check if the docker.sock file is actually there first.
Open the terminal and run cd /var/run, once there run the command ls. Do you see the docker.sock file in the list?

Regards,
Alessandro

Hi @Alessandro,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, indeed, the docker.sock file is there:

home@Toms-24-iMac-M1 ~ % cd /var/run
home@Toms-24-iMac-M1 run % ls
auditd.pid
automount.initialized
com.apple.AssetCache
com.apple.DumpPanic.finishedPMUFaultHandling
com.apple.DumpPanic.finishedThisBoot
com.apple.WindowServer.didRunThisBoot
com.apple.logind.didRunThisBoot
com.apple.loginwindow.didRunThisBoot
com.apple.mdmclient.daemon.didRunThisBoot
com.apple.mobileassetd-MobileAssetBrain
com.apple.security.cryptexd
com.apple.softwareupdate.availableupdatesupdated
com.apple.wifivelocity
cupsd
diskarbitrationd.pid
docker.sock
filesystemui.socket
mDNSResponder
mds
portmap.socket
pppconfd
resolv.conf
syslog
syslog.pid
systemkeychaincheck.done
systemkeychaincheck.socket
usbmuxd
utmpx
vpncontrol.sock
wifi

Okay, so we can exclude that from being the culprit.
Is Docker updated to the latest version?

Yes, I’m running Docker Desktop 4.20.1 (110738)

It tells me that’s currently the newest version available.

@Tom_McLean thanks for sharing that!
Can you please run

docker context ls

and

docker context inspect $(docker context show)

and then share a screenshot?

Sure, here you go:

home@Toms-24-iMac-M1 ~ % docker context ls
NAME                TYPE                DESCRIPTION                               DOCKER ENDPOINT                              KUBERNETES ENDPOINT   ORCHESTRATOR
default             moby                Current DOCKER_HOST based configuration   unix:///var/run/docker.sock                                        
desktop-linux *     moby                Docker Desktop                            unix:///Users/home/.docker/run/docker.sock      
home@Toms-24-iMac-M1 ~ % docker context inspect $(docker context show)
[
    {
        "Name": "desktop-linux",
        "Metadata": {
            "Description": "Docker Desktop"
        },
        "Endpoints": {
            "docker": {
                "Host": "unix:///Users/home/.docker/run/docker.sock",
                "SkipTLSVerify": false
            }
        },
        "TLSMaterial": {},
        "Storage": {
            "MetadataPath": "/Users/home/.docker/contexts/meta/fe9c6bd7a66301f49ca9b6a70b217107cd1284598bfc254700c989b916da791e",
            "TLSPath": "/Users/home/.docker/contexts/tls/fe9c6bd7a66301f49ca9b6a70b217107cd1284598bfc254700c989b916da791e"
        }
    }
]

I’m out of ideas :thinking: can you please send me via DM the full main.log file? Perhaps there’s something else there that can point us into the right direction

Can you check inside Docker/Settings/Advanced if the checkbox is enabled for Allow the default Docker socket to be used (requires password)?

If it is not, be sure to close DevKinsta, enable that checkbox, close Docker and try to open DevKinsta again :crossed_fingers:

OK, DevKinsta is working! I can access Settings and see my Site Info pages etc.

Thank you!

I wonder what caused the issue in the first place. I haven’t changed that setting or anything. Very odd, but I’m glad it’s working now. :slight_smile:

PS This might be helpful for anyone else who has this issue — initially, after making that change, I couldn’t access my sites. I kept getting the “This site can’t be reached” message in my browser.

I had to go into DevKinsta settings and untick “Auto-detect open ports”, and I then had to change HTTP and HTTPS back to 80/443.

But all is fine now.

Thanks for all your help @Alessandro.

You are very welcome @Tom_McLean, I’m glad that worked!

All the best,
Alessandro

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.